Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What is love?

What is love?
Full of wonder and awe
Coupled with
Anger and frustration
Can't have one
With out the other
The painful moments
Pepper and seasoning
The joyful ones
Patience and forgiveness
Go hand in hand
With the romance
Otherwise,
Love would be boring
All those good times
Would be meaningless, useless
It is within those desperate times
That make love so tender, so special
I have been through it
I cherish it all
Whether it be bad or good
The package is better
As the sum of all parts
Though I may have failed now
It is with all my heart
That I was able to experience it
Truly, madly, deeply
I go forth now
Truly understanding
It is better to have love lost
Than never to have loved at all
Though this part of my life's journey
Most likely ends here
I go forth to better the lives of others
I've had my time and realize
I'm not as good as a lover
As another can be
But I can better love someone
By being a better friend.

Love is a complex entity. I'm a simpleton, not good for deeper thought and intricacy. I'm saddened by the fact that I cannot do better, but maybe this is God's plan for me. I accept the path if truly indeed this is. God's work for a better world starts here and now. I must be the best I can be to be able to give back to the world what I have received. Maybe this is the love that I am able to grasp and perceive. I will now proceed.

No comments: