Sunday, November 12, 2006

Work In Progress

I am working toward a newer and better life. I have said before that I can change, but can I really? I look back upon my life and realize that there are times when I say I can change, but do not really. Are those the times I regret. Sometimes they are and sometimes they are not. I think what really is important in all of this is that how much "stock" I have valued into the change or not, or rather if the change is crucial and significant to my value system. As I look back upon it, when I did make the changes, though it may have been frightful at the time, it made a good difference in my life. I think now, more than ever before, I need to make a change. It is good for all, good for you, good for me, good for us. I see it now. Changes do not happen within me often because I am afraid of change. I guess you can say that I am for the status quo. However, that is not good for me at this current time in my current situation. I need to change and I want to change. I will have struggles with it, but I know further down in my life, it will be for the best or I hope it will be. You can think about the consequences of your decisions, but will never grasp the fullness of the decision unless you take that risk. Risk can be good and bad, dependent on if enough research has been done on that risk. Sometimes, the risk is a coin flip and being optimistic, you should take that chance knowing full well you may not end up in a better place then before. I take this risk knowing the consequences and I know the change most likely will put me in a better situation. I take it willingly.

No comments: