Monday, May 18, 2009

I Believe

I believe
I can do this
Go forward
And achieve
My goals
Aspirations
And dreams

Others may
Even loved ones
Bring you down
Dismiss as real
Jokingly laugh
Blasphemy they say
Not attainable

I will not
Let that seep
Into the core
A defense
Stout and strong
Stubbornly heady
I will go on

They see not
The true ambition
Spit at my decision
Curse my sights
Toss the book
In my face
But I stand still

I see the light
The tunnel
Of my desire
My innermost
Core and heart
Soon you shall see
What I believe.

As a dedication
To those who do not believe
What I can achieve
Hard work
Hearty labor
Never give up
And never cease

I believe
And so I shall see
Soon they shall too
Believe
My dreams
My love
And my passion!

4 comments:

Chhaya said...

Faith and Belief is urself are two greatest weapon you can have. so nice to see such a positive poem.

i wish i cud write like this :)

Love
Chhaya

Kat Mortensen said...

Quackster, Sorry, somewhere along the line, I lost your link ( a cleaning spree perhaps?) but will rectify this immediately.
I believe in you too.

Thanks for your loyalty,

Kat

Chhaya said...

hey .. no new poem?

posted the first draft of the first chapter of my new story.. have a look :)

Bobbi said...

All we should do is believe in ourselves. What a strong poem.