Monday, April 20, 2009

The Killer Instinct

It is that instinct
When the game is on the line
No time to think
Its your time to shine

The seconds tick
The engine revs up
Time to make it stick
And hang tough

I must shoot
Now and more often
Or I'll get the boot
I shall not soften

The blows must meet
Targeted exactly
Accept no defeat
As a matter of fact-ly

To give it your all
And leave it on the floor
I shall stand tall
And give 110% more

In that zone
I shall not conform
Nor shall be owned
I brew a storm

The ferocity does not stall
With a mighty thrust
I heave the ball
Without an ounce of fuss

It is that instinct
To close it out
That killer instinct
Without a doubt.

In dedication to Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers.

2 comments:

atomicvelvetsigh said...

just passin by to say thanks for droppin by my blog. this is a silly but cute poem! 8)

DubbleX said...

not silly for me - i write rhymes about sports too, a subject near and dear.
Thanks for coming to my blog. Rhyming comes to me naturally without thinking. My wife talks in rhymes without thinking but doesn't rhyme as much but has great poetry. Hope you'll come by more and visit wifey and her bluetry.
http://joyleftowsblog.blogspot.com